Rosie Perez

 Rosie Perez was the daughter of Lydia Perez, a merchant marine and Ismael Serano. She was born in Bushwick Brooklyn, New York City. She is Puerto Rican. Rosie was a student at Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood, Queens, New York as well as later, she enrolled at Los Angeles City College in Los Angeles, California. Rosie Perez was just starting her second year at college and about to return to New York. She was invited to a moving-away party by her friends. She accepted the invitation from Spike Lee to work in his 1989 film Do the Right Thing (1989). It would be her debut major acting role. She was later nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Carla Rodrigo (Peter Weir’s Fearless 1993). (She lost to Anna Paquin for The Piano (1993). Most of the criticism I received in the beginning of my career came coming from the Latin community. They would invite me to lunch and say, "Can I go and learn lessons to lessen my accent?" or "Can you not be funny and loud when you're on a talk-show?" Some people were so critical of my voice, they dealt me a lot of grief. It was my voice that I was not willing to alter. Thank God, my octaves decreased as I aged. It's now a pleasure when a teenager comes up and imitates me.Boxing is about overcoming your fears. It's more about battling yourself. Floyd Mayweather could be punched. Straight shot right in the middle of his face. Floyd Mayweather wouldn't blink. I can understand the way he's doing. (Who spoke about Don Cornelius watching her dancein the dance]: Don Cornelius did not want to know how I danced . I was dancing hip-hop and it was unheard of by people living in California. They didn't know anything about hip-hop dancing, and only were aware of locking and popping. Don was as if, "No. You're an asian woman. I thought "What?" This is a bit bizarre. It was really bizarre.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mena Alexandra Suvari Bio

Lori Loughlin Bio

Doja Cat